ShippingEasy offers nearly limitless options to customize your packing slips. If you're just getting started, take a look at how to create a packing slip template and save it to your store.
Once you've built a template, you may want to preview the packing slip before assigning it to your default settings. We have you covered!
- From the SETTINGS >> PACKING SLIPS page, open the template you want to test by clicking the name of the template.
- To the right of the editor, click the Preview button to expand the menu.
- The packing slip will open in a separate tab in the selected size and orientation. Be sure to preview all of the size and orientation combinations that you plan to use when printing packing slips.
Note: the templates control the content and layout of the packing slip - the size and orientation selection controls where the content is placed and the paper size:
Create an 8.5 x 11 inch page. Set as default on the SETTINGS >> PACKING SLIPS page. 4x6 (Landscape) Creates a 4x6 page appropriate for use on any roll of 4x6 labels. Set as default on the SETTINGS >> PACKING SLIPS page. 4x6 (with Label) Creates a 4x6 page, printed after a 4x6 label, for use on any roll of 4x6 labels. Set as default on the SETTINGS >> LABELS page. 8x11 (with Label) Creates an 8.5x11 inch page that contains a landscape 4x6 label in the top half, with the lower half of the page for the packing slip (Avery 5127). Set as default on the SETTINGS >> LABELS page. 8x11 (Combination) Creates an 8.5 x 11 inch page that contains a portrait 4x6 label in the upper-right, with the rest of the page used for the packing slip (OL829). Set as default on the SETTINGS >> LABELS page.
- Once you've selected the size you want, click the blue Update button.
A few important notes about the test packing slips:
- The test packing slips use generic information which is not specifically gathered from your Stores & Orders settings. The test packing slips are intended to give you a preview of formatting and placement of information.
- When an actual packing slip is generated for a specific order, we will map the information contained in the order and saved to your Stores & Orders settings. Learn more.
- While the test packing slip is meant as a convenience, it's possible to create an actual "test" packing slip that pulls your settings by creating a test order. Then, process the order as a normal shipment - and remember to cancel the label once you've finished your test.
FAQs: Packing Slips
How to: Set up your Packing Slips
How to: Create a custom Packing Slip Template and save it to your settings
How to: Design a custom Packing Slip Template
How are my variables on my Packing Slip templates mapped?