Shipping Rules are an option to automate the handling of your orders, ensuring that your preferences are applied regardless of who is shipping. A common rule would be configured to automatically add "Adult Signature" confirmation to your Priority Mail shipments.
For products that require Adult Signature, this can be a huge time saver. No more adding confirmation to individual orders! However, it's important to keep in mind that Adult Signature is only available on some services. Learn more here.
In this example, we ship beverages, including wine, which must be signed for by an adult. We also provide our customers with options to request a shipping service, so we'll limit this rule to apply to orders with specific requested services, too.
Use this rule as a launching point to customize the IF conditions based on your specific products and store configuration:
- Navigate to SETTINGS > SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "Adult Signature".
- Set the "IF" condition to the variable that defines the requirement for Adult Signature.
Remember, we ship wine and have requested services assigned to orders. So, we'll use the Item description and Requested service as the conditions to assign Adult Signature:
Item description | Contains | Wine
Requested service | Is equal to | Priority Mail
- Set the "THEN" action to:
Set confirmation option | Adult Signature
- Save your new rule and you're done! You'll start seeing Adult Signature automatically assigned to qualifying orders on the READY TO SHIP page.