ShippingEasy's Product Catalog provides a centralized hub to store all your product information. Once you've added in product, you'll want to keep the information up to date to ensure that your orders are updated correctly.
NOTE: the SKU assigned to the Product listing cannot be edited. Only the details assigned to the Product SKU can be edited. If a SKU needs to be changed, consider adding a new SKU instead and marking the incorrect SKU as inactive. Learn more.
How to: Edit individual Product SKUs
- From the PRODUCTS page, click on the blue product "SKU" or "Name" you want to edit.
- From the PRODUCT DETAILS page, click the Edit button in the upper right.
- On the EDIT PRODUCT page, update the details of the listing.
- When finished, click the Save Product button.
How to: Edit multiple Product SKUs via CSV file
Consider the following when updating products via a CSV file:
It's not necessary to pare down the data to only the items that require updates. Rather, a file with a complete listing of all your products will work just as well as one limited to only products with updates. ShippingEasy will review the file for (1) new items and (2) updated items. All others will be ignored. New items will be entered as new product listings. Update items will be edited to reflect new weights.
That said, if your edits include SKU aliases and bundles, it works best to upload products in separate uploads:
- All SKU details, excluding aliases, bundles, and quantities
- All Aliases, if applicable
- All Bundles, if applicable
- All Quantities (Remember: Aliases and Bundles won't need a quantity listed for them!)
A SKU cannot be deleted or changed. Rather, the SKU can be marked as "inactive". Learn more.
In order to update the Declared Value or Image URL, there must be a change to another field. You can update the value of an existing field or populate a previously blank field. For instance, if you need to replace an image URL, but only change and map the "Image URL" field, ShippingEasy will not recognize that there is new data. However, if you add data to another field, such as the "Warehouse Bin Location" field, ShippingEasy will update both fields.
TIP: if you need to remove many images from your Product Catalog, replace the "Image URL" with this URL: https://support.shippingeasy.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/202989086/BlankProduct.png
To edit multiple Product SKUs via CSV file:
- On the PRODUCTS page and with a prepared CSV file on hand, click the grey Add Products button and select Upload from .CSV.
- From the CSV file menu, click Browse. After selecting your file, click Upload file.
- On the "Upload CSV: Product Import" page, map the "Source Column" to the "ShippingEasy Column". Then select Continue.
- Your file will be displayed in the "Current Uploads" section. Once ShippingEasy has finished processing the data, a green Ready button will appear. Click the button.
- In the Last Step, you'll have the option to review the data. Edit any fields that require an additional update by clicking the field and an edit dialog will appear. Once all the data looks in order, click the Complete Upload button.
- Your products will now be updated!
FAQs: PRODUCT catalog
How to: Add items to my Product catalog
Can I delete a product listing from my Product Catalog?
Do you have a sample CSV file I can use to help upload my products?
What data fields can I import for my products via a CSV file?