This article outlines the process to integrate a Magento store with ShippingEasy via the Magento Connect Plugin.
Magento offers a great platform for selling your products. ShippingEasy makes it easy to manage and ship your orders to your customers. Whether you're brand new to ShippingEasy or have an existing account, it's easy to integrate your Magento store with ShippingEasy via the Magento Connect Plugin for ShippingEasy - first install the Magento Connect Plugin, then integrate your Magento store with ShippingEasy.
If you have already installed the Magento Connect Plugin for ShippingEasy, jump to instructions to integrate your Magento store with ShippingEasy.
To install the Magento Connect Plugin for ShippingEasy:
- Login into the Magento Extension Marketplace and go to the ShippingEasy extension page.
- Click Install Now.
- Review and agree to the extension license agreement then click Get Extension Key.
- Click Select Key and copy the URL listed.
- Open another browser window or tab and log into your Magento account.
- Go to System > Magento Connect, and choose Magento Connect Manager.
- You will be redirected the to the Magento Connect Manager login page.
- Paste the Extension Key into the extension key field. Then click Install.
- You have successfully downloaded the ShippingEasy Magento Connect Plugin. Next you need to integrate your Magento store into your ShippingEasy account.
- When registering your ShippingEasy account, you will be immediately prompted for your Magento credentials after selecting Magento from the Platform menu.
- Click here to skip to the next step.
- Navigate to the SETTINGS tab and click on the STORES & ORDERS page under the INTEGRATION section.
- Once there, click on the the + Add New button on the side of the screen.
- From the Platform drop down menu, select Magento. You will then see three additional fields: Store URL, User Name, and API token.
- Open a new browser window and log into your Magento admin panel.
- Select and copy the URL that appears in the address bar when viewing the admin section of your site.
NOTE: Copy this address EXACTLY as it appears in the address bar, because this allows us to properly access your store (including the /magento/index.php) We suggest you copy and paste this directly from the backend of your site. For example "http://yourstore/magento/index.php"
- In ShippingEasy, paste the URL address from Magento into the Magento Store URL field.
First, you'll need to create a new role in Magento.
- In Magento, navigate to System > Web Services.
- Choose SOAP/XML-RPC - Roles.
NOTE: if you don't see this option, but instead see simply "Roles," it's likely you have a MagentoGo store. Select "Roles" and continue with the steps below.
- Select Add New Role.
- Enter "shippingeasy" as the role name. Then select Save Role.
- On the left hand navigation bar, select Role Resources.
- Set the Access to All next to Resource Access.
- Again, select to Save Role.
Now, its time to setup a new user in Magento.
- Navigate to System >> Web Services.
- Choose SOAP/XML-RPC - Users.
NOTE: if you don't see this option, but instead see simply "Users," it's likely you have a MagentoGo store. Select 'Users' and continue with the steps below.
- Select Add New User.
- Enter "shippingeasy" as the User Name. Then, enter in your name and email.
- Create your own API key (essentially, a password).
IMPORTANT: be sure to remember this API key as you will need it to enter back into ShippingEasy to complete the integration.
- Once complete, select Save User.
- From the left hand navigation bar, select Role Users and choose the "shippingeasy" user you have just setup.
- Again, select Save User.
Finalize the integration with ShippingEasy:
- Navigate back to the ShippingEasy browser that you left open. You should have the integration dialog open.
- In the User Name field, enter "shippingeasy".
- In the API Token field, enter in the token you created for the "shippingeasy" user.
- Click the Continue button.
- Whether you are registering a ShippingEasy account for the first time or adding a store to an existing account, you'll now have the option to configure your store settings.
If you skip this step now, you can access these settings later by navigating to SETTINGS >> STORES & ORDERS. Then click the Edit store settings link below your Magento store details.
NOTE: if you are on a Magento Community edition, the speed of your order download into ShippingEasy is dependent on the download speed of the server you're hosting your Magento store on.
If you have problems that require extra assistance, feel free to reach out to our team.
- Anyone can post questions in our Community forum and our Customer Success team will be happy to assist.
- All accounts will see links for additional resources in the upper left corner in app:
New accounts trialing on a paid plan (Basic and above) will see links to email or call our Sales Team.
Fully registered accounts on a paid plan (Basic and above) will see links to email, call, or chat our Customer Success team.
Accounts trialing or registered on the free Starter plan will see a quick link to our Support Center.
How to use ShippingEasy with Magento
Why can't I integrate my Magento store to ShippingEasy?
What does the Magento error "credentials could not be validated” mean?
What is SOAP and how can I tell if it is loaded on my Magento site?
Why am I having problems with my Magento orders syncing into ShippingEasy?