If you have Adobe Reader installed, occasionally there will be updates for Reader which, if not updated in a timely manner, can cause issues with opening and reading PDFs.
On a Mac, updating Adobe Reader is a little bit different than doing it for a PC. If you use a PC, learn how to update Adobe Reader here.
Follow these few steps to make sure you are using the most recent version of Adobe Reader:
- Open the FINDER in your MAC and select APPLICATIONS on the left side.
- Launch Adobe
- Choose "Help" from the drop-down menu and click "Check for Updates...".
- Click "Yes". If you have security preferences set on your computer, you may be asked to enter your Username and Password.
- Enter your information and click "Install Helper".
- Click "Ok" and you are done. You may be asked to restart your computer on specific updates.