ConnectEasy provides a direct connection to your computer's printers.
Before configuring ConnectEasy, make sure that you've installed the application on your computer. We have OS specific installation guides - click below for your system:
Once you have installed ConnectEasy, you can configure the program to use unique printers for each type of document: labels, packing slips, pick lists, and customs forms. By sending print jobs directly to your printer, there is no longer a need to display PDF versions of your labels and documents in another browser tab. Just click the Print Now button and everything prints automatically to the correct printer! Learn more about ConnectEasy.
To configure ConnectEasy for printing:
- Click the SETTINGS tab from the blue menu bar.
- Select CONNECTEASY located under the HARDWARE & DEVICES section.
- Click the Configure Printers button at the bottom of the page:
- On the PRINTER CONFIGURATION page, columns are displayed, for each type of carrier label and document type, i.e. domestic labels or packing slips.
NOTE: If you have never used ConnectEasy before, by default all printed output is sent to a PDF file. When you print to PDF, a new browser tab will open to display your document and you must then choose to print again from your browser via the print icon or command.
- Click the Add Printer drop down menu, to see a list of your printers that ConnectEasy can use:
- If there are no printers listed, read our article for connecting ConnectEasy on Windows or on a Mac.
- Select the printer (and computer) pairs you want to use, and assign the necessary carrier labels and document types to your printer using the radio buttons on the right. This will send each selection to the matching printer or PDF on the left.
The example above shows how to send:
- Domestic USPS to a Brother DCP-L2540DW series Printer
- Domestic UPS and FedEx labels to a Brother DCP-L2540DW series Printer
- Consolidators labels to a Brother DCP-L2540DW series Printer
- International Labels and Custom Forms to to a Brother DCP-L2540DW series Printer
- Packing slips to a Brother DCP-L2707DW series Printer
- Pick lists to a PDF
NOTE: The “Consolidators” column is only for Domestic Consolidators. Int’l Consolidators will still go to the international printer. This is because we offer different options for the domestic carriers and only one for all international labels.
- Be sure to click Save when you are finished.