If you have verified with FedEx that you have Electronic Trade Document (ETD) support enabled on your FedEx account, ShippingEasy can send the ETD data to FedEx automatically.
To get started, you must update both FedEx and ShippingEasy.
Enable ETD in FedEx
- Log into your account on www.fedex.com and go to the FedEx Ship Manager page.
- Next, click on Preferences.
- Under Customs Clearances Preferences, be sure to:
- Select Always Create Commerical Invoice from the dropdown.
- Check the box next to Always print Commerical Invoice/Pro Forma Invoice on uploaded company letterhead. Click Upload to upload your company letterhead to FedEx.
- Check the box next to Always include uploaded signature on the applicable customs documents. Click Upload to upload your signature to FedEx.
- Check the box next to Enable Electronic Trade Document (ETD) Note: does not apply to return shipments.
That's it! You have now enabled ETD on FedEx.
Enable ETD in ShippingEasy
- Click the Manage Account link for your FedEx account in ShippingEasy.
- Then check the box to Send Electronic Trade Documents (ETD).
- Click Save and you are done. Your international FedEx labels will print with "ETD" below the service name.