Whether you are brand new to ShippingEasy or have an existing account, it is easy to integrate your Scout store with ShippingEasy. Scout is cloud-based inventory management that integrates with Accounting, CRM, and E-Commerce Systems. You can learn more about how Scout works with ShippingEasy in our store guide. If you sell on other platforms, you can take a look at our integrations list for the steps to connect more stores.
When you are ready to connect your Scout store, follow these steps.
New ShippingEasy account
If you are new to ShippingEasy, you can follow our step-by-step instructions for integrating your store into a new account.
How to connect your Scout to an existing ShippingEasy account
- Navigate to the SETTINGS tab and click on the STORES & ORDERS page under the INTEGRATION section.
- Once there, click on the the + Add New button on the side of the screen.
- From the Platform drop down menu, select Scout. Complete your store integration by adding your Scout.
- In the Store URL field, enter your Scout URL (https://xxxxxxxx.scoutsft.com where xxxxx is your topShelf instance/main admin name). Example: https://Lakeside.scoutsft.com
- Click Save.
- Complete your store integration by providing credentials to Scout. These steps are outlined in the third section of this article.
Provide your Scout store credentials to ShippingEasy:
- Within ShippingEasy, navigate to SETTINGS >> STORES & ORDERS. Under your Scout store, locate the Store API Key.
- Open ShippingEasy again in another web browser and navigate to SETTINGS >> API CREDENTIALS. Locate your API Key and API Secret.
- In a new web browser, navigate to https://integrations.scoutsft.com and login with your SCOUT topShelp main admin credentials.
- Click the Add ShippingEasy License button. If button is not there, speak to your Scout rep.
- The first time you integrate your account, click the Run Setup Scripts button.
- Add a License Name and Description. This can be any text, typically your company name.
- Copy and paste your API Key, API Secret and Store API Key from the open ShippingEasy windows.
- Specify the Weight Unit your products use (LB, OZ, KG).
TIP: set the same units in ShippingEasy:
- Go to SETTINGS >> STORES & ORDERS.
- Under your Scout store, click Edit store details.
- Set the Unit of Measure to the same unit you set in Scout.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and Save the change.
- Select which version of the integration you wish to set up:
Orders originate in Scout and are pushed into ShippingEasy for shipment. After the order is fulfilled in Scout, the status in ShippingEasy is changed from ‘Awaiting Fulfillment’ to ‘Awaiting Shipment’.
Pick and Pack Integration:
Orders originate in ShippingEasy and are pushed out to Scout for pick and pack. After the order is fulfilled in Scout, the status in ShippingEasy is changed from ‘Awaiting Fulfillment’ to ‘Awaiting Shipment’.
- Check Enable and click Save.
Your Scout store is now integrated with ShippingEasy. Next, configure your Store Settings using our guide.