Scout is cloud-based inventory management that integrates with Accounting, CRM, and E-Commerce Systems. Whether you're brand new to ShippingEasy or have an existing account, it's easy to integrate your Scout account with ShippingEasy - first add Scout to ShippingEasy, then provide credentials to your Scout account.
Choose which section of this guide best describes where you are starting from.
If you are setting up a ShippingEasy account for the first time
- When setting up a new ShippingEasy account, you will be directed to start adding orders by integrating a store. To being the store integration process, click on the button to Import from Store.
- Next, you will fill in your stores credentials. Scout will be populated in the Store Platform drop down.
- Complete your store integration by adding your stores credentials. These steps are outlined in the third section of this article.
If you are connecting your Scout store to an existing ShippingEasy account
- Navigate to the SETTINGS tab and click on the STORES & ORDERS page under the INTEGRATION section.
- Once there, click on the the + Add New button on the side of the screen.
- From the Platform drop down menu, select Scout. Complete your store integration by adding your Scout.
- In the Store URL field, enter your Scout URL (https://xxxxxxxx.scoutsft.com where xxxxx is your topShelf instance/main admin name). Example: https://Lakeside.scoutsft.com
- Click Save.
- Complete your store integration by providing credentials to Scout. These steps are outlined in the third section of this article.
Provide your Scout store credentials to ShippingEasy:
- Within ShippingEasy, navigate to SETTINGS >> STORES & ORDERS. Under your Scout store, locate the Store API Key.
- Open ShippingEasy again in another web browser and navigate to SETTINGS >> API CREDENTIALS. Locate your API Key and API Secret.
- In a new web browser, navigate to https://integrations.scoutsft.com and login with your SCOUT topShelp main admin credentials.
- Click the Add ShippingEasy License button. If button is not there, speak to your Scout rep.
- The first time you integrate your account, click the Run Setup Scripts button.
- Add a License Name and Description. This can be any text, typically your company name.
- Copy and paste your API Key, API Secret and Store API Key from the open ShippingEasy windows.
- Specify the Weight Unit your products use (LB, OZ, KG).
TIP: set the same units in ShippingEasy:
- Go to SETTINGS >> STORES & ORDERS.
- Under your Scout store, click Edit store details.
- Set the Unit of Measure to the same unit you set in Scout.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and Save the change.
- Select which version of the integration you wish to set up:
Orders originate in Scout and are pushed into ShippingEasy for shipment. After the order is fulfilled in Scout, the status in ShippingEasy is changed from ‘Awaiting Fulfillment’ to ‘Awaiting Shipment’.
Pick and Pack Integration:
Orders originate in ShippingEasy and are pushed out to Scout for pick and pack. After the order is fulfilled in Scout, the status in ShippingEasy is changed from ‘Awaiting Fulfillment’ to ‘Awaiting Shipment’.
- Check Enable and click Save.
Your Scout account is now connected with ShippingEasy! The Process Integration button can be used to manually sync the integration. However the integration is set to run on a 10 minute cycle automatically.
If you have problems that require extra assistance, feel free to reach out to our team.
- Anyone can post questions in our Community forum and our Customer Success team will be happy to assist.
- All accounts will see links for additional resources in the upper left corner in app:
New accounts trialing on a paid plan (Basic and above) will see links to email or call our Sales Team.
1-855 | Email | Answers
Fully registered accounts on a paid plan will see links to email, call, or chat our Customer Success team.
1-512 | Email | Chat | Answers
Accounts trialing or registered on the free Starter plan will see a quick link to our Support Center.