With a Delivery Confirmation email, you can automatically notify your buyers that their order has been delivered. You can even receive a copy of the Delivery Confirmation email to your business.
Once enabled, the Delivery Confirmation email is sent when ShippingEasy receives notice that a package has been delivered. A package is considered delivered when USPS scans the package as 'Delivered'. This status is sent to Endicia, which relays the status to ShippingEasy.
NOTE: Delivery Confirmation emails are only supported for USPS shipments.
ShippingEasy provides a default Delivery Confirmation email. This allows you to start using this feature right away. See what the default template looks like.
For businesses that prefer to customize the Delivery Confirmation email, there is an option to create your own Email Template. This custom Email Template can then be assigned to your STORES & ORDERS settings. It's a great option if you want to highlight your brand. Especially if you have multiple stores and want a unique email for each. Learn how to create a custom Email Template.
Once you've decided which template to use, you're ready to configure your stores to send the Delivery Confirmation email.
To set up Delivery Confirmation emails for USPS shipments:
- From the blue navigation bar, click on the SETTINGS tab.
- Then under INTEGRATION, click on STORES & ORDERS.
- On the STORES & ORDERS page, locate the store for which you want to send Delivery Confirmation emails to your customers. Under the store details, click Edit store settings.
- On the STORE INFO page, scroll down to the Communications section. Check the box next to Send Delivery Confirmation.
- If you have a custom Email Template, expand the Select Delivery Confirmation Email Template menu to choose your template. Otherwise, leave this set to the default template. Learn more about custom Email Templates.
- If you would like to receive a copy of the Delivery Confirmation emails as well, enter your email address into the Send Copy of Delivery Emails to field.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and Save the changes.
- If you have additional stores to configure, repeat these steps for each store.
ShippingEasy will now send an email to you and/or your buyer once their USPS package has been delivered!
How to: See the real-time delivery status of my shipments
How to: Create a custom Email Template and save it to your store
How are the variables on my Email templates mapped?
How to: Send a Shipping Confirmation Email to my customers
How to: Send prepaid return shipping labels to my customers