Personalize your shipment notification emails with special seasonal messaging. With Shipping Rules, you can choose to send specific Email Templates based on the month that the order was placed. Learn more about Shipping Rules.
TIP: Customer Management subscribers can also send seasonal email Campaigns. Learn more.
Using a Shipping Rule to determine which Email Template is convenient. You don't have to remember to update the Email Template later on! Create an Email Template just for the season. Then use the Shipping Rule to make sure that only orders placed during that time frame receive the email.
Here are a few ways that you could use this type of Shipping Rule:
- If you update your brand for the holidays, change out your images in the Email Template for the month.
- Send a special Cyber Monday coupon code in your Shipment Notification email to anyone who orders in October.
- The month before your peak season or a new product release, add a promotional message to pique interest.
Setting this up is fun and easy!
- First create a custom Email Template for your seasonal Shipment Notification. Learn more.
- Then setup the Shipping Rule to send the Shipment Notification during the relevant season. See the steps below.
To set up the Shipping Rule:
- From the blue navigation bar, select the SETTINGS tab.
- Under SHIPMENT SETTINGS, click SHIPPING RULES.
- On the SHIPPING RULES page, click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule.
For example: we might name our rule "Apply Cyber Monday Email to October Orders"
- Set the "IF" condition to:
Order month | Is equal to | select the month
For example: we might set the month to October
- You can further narrow down which orders will receive this Shipment Notification by adding additional conditions. Do so by clicking the grey +Add button. Learn more about available conditions.
- Set the "THEN" action to:
Set shipment notice template | select the template you created
For example: we might have created one called "October Promotional Email"
- Save your new rule and you're done!
After you ship out orders placed in the month you specified, ShippingEasy will send the seasonal Email Template for those shipments.