Setting up Order Categories gives you the advantage of sorting through hundreds of orders at the click of a button. All Order Categories correspond to a specific color. When you set up the Order Category, you can choose which color to assign to it. The Order Category color is flagged next to the order, making it easy to differentiate between Order Categories. Learn more about Order Categories.
Assigning a color category rule to orders with a specific requested service allows you to find your high-priority orders quickly, easily batch shipments, or use our Buy Label feature.
Automatically Assign a Priority Color Rule to Your Expedited Shipments
- From above the navigation bar, go to SETTINGS. Then click on SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "Categorize Priority Mail Express".
- Set the "IF" condition to the variable that defines the requirement for Requested Service is equal to. In this example, we use Priority Mail Express.
Requested Service | is equal to | USPS Priority Mail Express
- Set the "THEN" action to Assign to a category | Priority Mail Express.
- Future shipments that are synced or added into ShippingEasy that meet the condition of this rule will have the color associated with the category applied on the ORDERS page, where you can easily sort by color for faster processing.
TIP: If you would like to automate your shipping further, you can assign a package and service based on this requested service so you can instantly ship these orders. Learn more.
- Save your rule to start automatically categorizing shipments!