There are occasions in which printers that are connected to Mac computers do not have the ability to convert to postscript files in a way that can be "read" to print by the printer. Some drivers do not have the ability to rasterize the PDF file.
Luckily, there are some things you can do to fix this.
Reset the Printer
- Open System Preferences and go to Printers and Scanners.
- Right-click on any empty spot in the Printers list and click the Reset printing system option located next to the menu that appears, and then click the Reset button in the confirmation window.
- Enter your username and password if prompted. Once the printer list is reset, restart your computer.
- When the Mac is back on, go to System Preference >> Printers and Scanners.
- Click the +Add and locate your printer. Click Add to place it in your printing system.
- Click Print Using and select the printer.
Print the file from Acrobat or Preview
- open the Advanced menu in Acrobat from the Acrobat print dialog.
- Select Print As Image. The quality of the printed document may differ when using this method.