FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol, which is used to transfer files between your computer and a remote server. Volusion users automatically have an FTP account included with their store and the capability to access its files.
Once Volusion users have set up their FTP accounts, any additions to their checkout process need to be updated within their FTP account.
If you've added or removed a Custom Field for Orders to your one-page-checkout, you will need to regenerate your Orders.xsd file to include the new Custom Field(s).
To regenerate your Orders.xsd file in Volusion:
- Log in to your store's FTP account. Learn how to log into your Volusion FTP account.
- Go to the /vspfiles/schema/generic folder in your store's FTP.
- Find the Orders.xsd file and delete it.
- Log back into your Volusion admin account.
- From your Admin Area, go to Inventory > Import / Export.
- Click on the Volusion API tab.
- Click Run next to the Generic\Orders export headings.
- The Orders.xsd file will regenerate itself with the update Custom Fields.
- The Orders in your store should now successfully sync with your ShippingEasy account again.
NOTE: if you have a Custom Field that has a “Question Subtext” field but no Question listed, regenerating the Orders.xsd file will not work. You will need to put some text (it doesn’t have to be a question) in the “Question” field when you have something in the Question Subtext field.
If you have orders that were placed before regenerating the Orders.xsd file and need to be synced, please contact our support team:
- Paid subscribers will see links to email, chat, or call ShippingEasy support in the top left corner of the app.
- FREE Starter subscribers can email the date of your oldest unshipped order to email@example.com with a request to sync your unshipped orders.
Toubleshoot: Syncing Volusion orders
How to: Display Product Options for your items
How to: Reconnect my Volusion store
How to: Remove Volusion orders from ShippingEasy
How to use ShippingEasy with Volusion