FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol, which is used to transfer files between your computer and a remote server. Volusion users automatically have an FTP account included with their store and the capability to access its files.
Once Volusion users have set up their FTP accounts, any additions to their checkout process need to be updated within their FTP account.
If you have added or removed a Custom Field for Orders to your one-page-checkout, you will need to regenerate your Orders.xsd file to include the new Custom Field(s).
To regenerate your Orders.xsd file in Volusion:
- Log in to your store's FTP account. Learn how to log into your Volusion FTP account.
- Go to the /vspfiles/schema/generic folder in your store's FTP.
- Find the Orders.xsd file and delete it.
- Log back into your Volusion admin account.
- From your Admin Area, go to Inventory > Import / Export.
- Click on the Volusion API tab.
- Click Run next to the Generic\Orders export headings.
- The Orders.xsd file will regenerate itself with the update Custom Fields.
- The Orders in your store should now successfully sync with your ShippingEasy account again.
If you have orders that were placed before regenerating the Orders.xsd file and need to be synced, please contact our Customer Success team:
- Paid subscribers (Basic and above plans) will see links to email, call, or chat in the upper left corner in-app.
- Starter subscribers can email the date of your oldest unshipped order to firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to sync your unshipped orders.