If you process your orders one-by-one, make it even faster by automatically sending orders containing specific SKUs to the READY TO SHIP screen.
In this example, we'll configure a rule that automates three steps:
- Identify orders containing particular SKUs.
- Automatically create shipments for these orders, skipping the ORDERS page all together.
- Assign the carrier selections on the READY TO SHIP page. Learn how to save a carrier selection.
All you'll have to do is click Print!
TIP: customize this rule further with Product Categories - master SKUs that can be used to target multiple SKUs at once. Learn more.
Follow these quick steps and start shaving time off shipping:
- Go to SETTINGS >> SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "SKU rule".
- Set the "IF" condition to Item SKU and select your logic. For example we've chosen Is equal to. Then type the SKU or part of SKU that captures the products you'd like automatically sent to the READY TO SHIP page.
Item SKU | Is equal to | (sku number)
TIP: If you have configured Product Categories, you can set the condition to Product category instead to encompass a wider range of products.
- Set the "THEN" action to Set saved carrier selection and select from the menu to the right. In this example we use Priority Mail Express.
Set saved carrier selection | Priority Mail Express
- Check the box to Create a shipment for each order that meets the condition of this rule. This will send your orders to the READY TO SHIP page.
- Save your new rule! This rule will be applied to all future shipments that are synced or added into ShippingEasy.
What are Shipping Rules and how do I use them?
Best of Rules: Assign carrier selection to a batch of orders per requested service
Video: Set up Saved Selections for shipping preferences
How to create a product category
How to add items to my product catalog
How can I save my carrier selections for future shipments?