The primary function of a packing slip is to provide a detailed list of items to customers to ensure that their order is complete. ShippingEasy has the tools to customize the information included on a packing slip and automatically assign it to orders from specific stores. A few items you might customize to include on a store basis are:
- Return policies
- Amazon Purchase Order numbers
Before you get started customizing and assigning packing slips, you need to create your packing slip templates. Once you've created a packing slip template, follow these steps.
Use a Shipping Rule to Assign each Packing Slip Template to the Correct Orders
- Go to SETTINGS >> SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule.
For example, we might call this one "Packing Slip for Candlestone Golf".
- Set the "IF" condition to look for the specific store you want to create packing slips for.
Store | Is equal to | Store Name
For example, we want to select our "Candlestone Golf" store.
- Set the "THEN" action to the custom packing slip using the Set final packing slip template. This condition prevents the overriding of that packing slip by any subsequent shipping rule.
Set final packing slip template | Packing Slip Name
For example, we've used our store name as the packing slip name, which helps us tell them apart.
- Click Save rule.
- If you have unshipped orders from the store, be sure to re-run your Shipping Rules against your existing orders. Learn more. Otherwise, this rule will only apply to future orders that download into ShippingEasy.
If you have more than one store you would like to assign packing slips for, you can repeat this process for each of them!