The primary function of a packing slip is to provide a detailed list of items to customers to ensure that their order is complete. ShippingEasy has the tools to customize the information included on a packing slip and automatically assign it to orders from specific stores. A few items you might customize to include on a store basis are:
- Return policies
- Amazon Purchase Order numbers
Before you get started customizing and assigning packing slips, you need to create your packing slip templates. Once you've created a packing slip template, follow these steps.
To use a shipping rule to assign your packing slips to the correct orders:
- Go to SETTINGS >> SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "store rule".
- Set the "IF" condition to look for the specific store you want to create packing slips for. In this example, we use Candlestone Golf.
Store | Is equal to | Candlestone Golf
- Set the "THEN" action to Set packing slip template and select from the menu to the right.
Set packing slip template | Candlestone Golf
- By default, your rule will be applied to orders on the ORDERS page. If you'd like to automatically create a shipment for these orders and their packing slips, you can select to do so.
- Save your new rule! This rule will be applied to all future shipments that are synced or added into ShippingEasy.
If you have more than one store you would like to assign packing slips for, you can repeat this process for each of them!
What are Shipping Rules and how do I use them?
Best of Rules: Assign carrier selection to a batch of orders per requested service
How can I save my carrier selections for future shipments
How can I add another category to the Orders page?
How to: Create a batch shipment