If you have set up your shopping cart to allow your customers to choose the carrier service for their order, you can set up a Shipping Rule to automatically apply the correct label options as soon as the order pulls in. The Shipping Rule assigns a shipping preset based on the customer's requested service. Learn more about shipping presets - you will want to set them up before creating your Shipping Rule.
In this example, we are going to create a rule that will map a shipping preset to a batch of orders based on the customers' requested services. Learn more about batching.
NOTE: for most Shipping Rules, the rule will only apply to individual orders. However, if every order in a batch qualifies for the same rule to set specific shipping preset, then the batch will display on the READY TO SHIP page with the specified shipping preset already in place.
Since we want to be sure that every order we select to batch on the ORDERS page also passed our rule, we will set two actions for the rule: (1) Set shipping preset and (2) Assign to a Category. The Category makes it easy to see which orders can be batched together.
- Go to SHIPMENT SETTINGS>> SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "Priority Mail".
- Set the "IF" condition to look for the specific requested service(s) that require the use of the shipping preset that you will select in the next step.
Requested service | Is equal to | Priority Mail
- Set the "THEN" action to Set shipping preset and select the appropriate Shipping Preset from the menu to the right. Add an additional action to Assign to a category and select the appropriate option from the menu to the right.
Set shipping preset | Priority Mail
Assign to a category | Free over $35
- Save your new rule! This rule will be applied to all future shipments that are synced or added into ShippingEasy.