Shipsurance is a shipping insurance company that partners with ShippingEasy to provide additional coverage on packages that need more than the standard amount applied by the carrier. While we all hope to avoid any lost, stolen, or damaged packages, we also know that accidents happen. That is why ShippingEasy makes it easy to file a claim with Shipsurance in the app with a pre-filled claims form.
Where to file the claim:
If you added Shipsurance in addition to using the standard insurance issued by the carrier service, you will need to file a claim with both Shipsurance and the carrier.
Before you initiate a Shipsurance claim, complete the following checklist
- Enlist your customer's help if a package has been damaged:
- Ask your customer (the recipient) to keep all packaging materials and damaged items in the original form, as received. They must keep the packaging and items until the claim has been completed. In other words, nothing should be returned to you (the shipper) until the claim has been settled.
- Request a written statement and pictures of the damaged items. This will help both of you complete a recipient affidavit later on.
- Lost or stolen package claims will not be processed until 21 calendar days (Domestic shipments) or 45 calendar days (International shipments) after shipment. If a claim is filed before this timeline, Shipsurance will hold the claims until the allotted time has passed.
- Damaged package claims can be filed immediately and must include all of the proper documentation mentioned above.
- File and provide all required documents within sixty (60) calendar days from the date of shipment.
- If the shipment is sent via the United States Postal Service (USPS), complete claims must be submitted and received by Shipsurance within one hundred and twenty (120) calendar days of the shipment date.
To file a Shipsurance claim within ShippingEasy
Once the required time has passed and you have taken the preliminary steps to gather the documentation and report the lost or damaged package to the carrier, you can file Shipsurance claim within ShippingEasy.
- In the top right corner of the page, type in the Order #, Tracking #, or Recipient into the Global Search Bar.
- If the shipment is eligible for filing a claim, the Insurance value is displayed. Clicking the insured value pops open details about the shipment's insurance coverage.
- Follow the blue Make a claim with Shipsurance link.
- A new window with a partially pre-filled claims form will open. Verify that the fields are correct and complete any blank fields.
- If everything in the claims form is accurate, select the Submit Claim link on the bottom of the page.
You must click Submit Claim in order for the request to be processed!
- During the claims process, Shipsurance will require you to submit a recipient statement/affidavit. The form can be downloaded from Shipsurance and completed by your customer (the recipient) or filled out online by your customer (the recipient). Be sure this step is completed. Without the recipient affidavit, the claim cannot be considered.