You can save your customers' addresses that you use for Manual Orders by uploading a file rather than inputting each one-by-one. Follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to the SETTINGS tab and click on CUSTOMER ADDRESSES under ACCOUNT SETTINGS.
- To upload a CSV file of customer addresses, click the Upload Addresses icon.
- Click Browse to locate the CSV file on your computer.
Note: the file must be a CSV (e.g. "addresses.csv") and no larger than 3MB.
- Choose the file and select Open.
- Click the Upload file button.
- The next page will ask you to match your CSV fields (source columns), to the ShippingEasy fields. Select a field from each drop down menu in the Source Column, that best matches the field in the ShippingEasy Column. Match as many fields as necessary, including those required, indicated by an asterisk. The fields include:
- * Name (Full Name)
- * First Name (Only required if Full Name is not specified)
- * Last Name (Only required if Full Name is not specified)
- * Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- * City
- Country (If country is not specified, we will automatically assign United States)
- * Zip Code
- Email (Required to send shipment notification emails)
- Phone Number
* Indicates a required field
- Remove the address:
Remove any address from the upload by clicking the on the right end of each row.
- Skip USPS validation for individual addresses:
Check the box under Skip USPS Validation.
NOTE: if you opt out of validation for individual addresses, you will not be prompted to correct the address later, when shipping to that address. Shipping to an address that cannot be validated assumes risk of non-delivery.
- Skip USPS validation for all addresses in the upload file:
On the Mapping page, you’ll see a tick-box to skip address validation for the upload. On the Upload Review screen, you’ll see a notification for if you chose to skip validation or if you didn’t. If you didn’t and you now want to choose “use anyway” in bulk, you can click the link to Reprocess & Skip Validation. Then will take you back to the “Upload” page where you’re see the green “Ready” button again.
NOTE: If you choose to skip validation for all, you’ll still see the red triangles for the unverified addresses in the app. If you skip validation individually, you will no longer see the red triangle in the app (as you already chose once). Learn how to filter your orders for invalid addresses.
The addresses will appear in your CUSTOMER ADDRESSES page!
CSV Address Uploads: Sample CSV file
How to: Save an individual contact to my Customer Addresses
How to: Save an address when entering a Manual Order
How to: Import orders via CSV file
How to: Set up a CSV store