ShippingEasy offers nearly limitless options to customize your shipment notification emails. If you're just getting started, take a look at how to create an email template and save it to your store.
Once you've built a template, you may want to preview the email before assigning it to your store. We have you covered!
- From the SETTINGS >> EMAIL TEMPLATES page, open the template you want to test by clicking the pencil icon to the right of the template.
- Below the edit dialog, click the Send Test button.
- Manually enter the email address you would like to receive the preview email. Test emails can only be sent to the user's email address. Click Send Test.
NOTE: Selecting an email address from possible autofill options in your browser may override the email subject line with your email address.
You'll receive the test email shortly and see a preview of the template that you've designed.
A few important notes about the test emails:
- The limit to sending test emails is 10 emails per hour. After 10 emails have been sent, ShippingEasy will then only allow one test email each hour.
- The test email will be queued with the other scheduled confirmation emails, so there may be a delay from when you request the test email until when it actually sends.
- The test emails use generic information that is not specifically gathered from your STORES & ORDERS settings. The test emails are intended to give you a preview of the formatting and placement of information. For example, you will not see your store logo but rather a place holder.
- When an actual customer email is generated, we will map the information saved to your STORES & ORDERS settings. Learn more.
- While the test email is meant as a convenience, it's possible to create an actual "test" email that pulls your settings by creating a test order. If you're testing the email assigned to your Manual Orders store, you can create a test order in ShippingEasy. If you're testing the email for your integrated store, you'll need to generate a test order within your store's backend and sync it into ShippingEasy. Then, process the order as a normal shipment - and remember to cancel the label once you've finished your test.