SOAP stands for "simple object access protocol". ShippingEasy's software integration with Magento (v1.x) is designed to work with encoded SOAP messages.
Many Magento store owners work with a developer to build and configure their site. If you have a developer for your Magento site, we recommend asking them to take a look at this article as well. If you built your site, here is what you need to know about SOAP, if it is loaded, and if it is not loaded, how you can load it.
Here is a simple test to determine if SOAP is loaded for your store
- Open a blank browser and type your store URL into the address bar with the following added to the end of the URL: /api/v2_soap
- Hit enter to access the URL.
- If SOAP has been loaded, you should see an XML-document explaining more about the usage of SOAP.
If you see the message "0 Unable to load SOAP extension on the server" or "0 SOAP extension is not loaded", SOAP support is missing from the Webserver.
If SOAP has not been loaded, then the ShippingEasy-Magento API is not accessible. First, please verify that you have Magento version 1.3, 1.8, or 1.9. If so, then a developer should be able to help you load SOAP. If you're going it alone, we have some tips to help:
- For SOAP to work within the Magento application, the PHP SOAP extension ("soap.so") needs to be installed on the server.
- For RPM-based Linux distributions, this is installed with the command "yum install php-soap".
Helpful Magento discussion treads
Special considerations regarding WSDL and WS-I Compliance
If you switch your store to be WS-I Compliant, it will fail to work properly with ShippingEasy. You can change this setting under System > Configuration > Services [Left-Nav] > Magento Core API.
The easiest way to determine if your store is configured for WS-I Compliance is to hit your store url: http://www.YOUR-URL.com/api/