Product SKUs cannot be deleted. This allows ShippingEasy to maintain integrity in its database and reports.
However, if you have Products that you wish to exclude from your catalog, you can mark a SKU as inactive. This will cause ShippingEasy to ignore the saved SKU values and orders will rely on the information pulling in from your store for specific SKUs. Any product marked as inactive will not be reactivated if an order with the same SKU syncs in, nor will any of its information be updated.
How to mark individual products as inactive from the main PRODUCT CATALOG page:
- From the blue navigation menu, go to the PRODUCTS then PRODUCT CATALOG.
- On the PRODUCTS page, click the name of the product you want to make inactive.
- On the Product details page, click the grey Edit button.
- On the EDIT Products page, uncheck the box next to Active in the lower right corner of the page.
- Click Save Product button to complete the process.
How to mark multiple products as inactive from the main PRODUCT CATALOG page:
- From the blue navigation menu, go to the PRODUCT CATALOG.
- On the PRODUCTS page, place a checkmark next to all the products you want to make inactive.
- Click the Actions button and select Mark Inactive from the drop-down menu.
The selected products should disappear from your Active product list and place it into your Inactive product list. To view your Inactive products, use the Active filter on the left side of the Products page to select Inactive.
How to mark multiple products inactive via CSV file:
- Open your CSV change the Active status to Inactive for any products you want.
- On the PRODUCTS page and with a prepared CSV file on hand, click the grey Add Products button and select Upload from .CSV.
- From the CSV file menu, click Browse. After selecting your file, click Upload file.
- On the "Upload CSV: Product Import" page, map the "Source Columns" to the "ShippingEasy Column". Unless you have further updates to make, you do not have to fill out all the columns - only SKU and Active.
- Then select Continue.
- Your file will be displayed in the "Current Uploads" section. Once ShippingEasy has finished processing the data, a green Ready button will appear. Click the button.
- In the Last Step, you will have the option to review the data. Edit any fields that require an additional update by clicking the field and an edit dialog will appear. Once all the data looks in order, click the Complete Upload button.
- Your products will now be updated to show the inactive products!