Buy Labels is the most efficient way to purchase multiple labels that have a rate quote within ShippingEasy. Unlike batching, this option is capable of purchasing 200 labels of all different services and carriers at the same time. Purchasing labels using the Buy Labels method also allows you to purchase and print domestic and international labels together. Learn more about how Buy Labels works from our FAQ article.
How to get Rate Quotes
To use Buy Labels, orders must have a rate quote. There are 3 main ways to get Rate Quotes and they have a hierarchy of priority. They are:
- Shipping Rules - Assign a Shipping Preset to orders via shipping rules to get extremely customized rate quotes.
- Previous Selection - If ShippingEasy sees a new order that is exactly the same as an order it has previously shipped, it will automatically assign the previous shipment method used.
- Recommended Rate - ShippingEasy will automatically choose an appropriate USPS service based on the weight of the package.
Check out those individual Guides for more information on obtaining reliable accurate rate quotes for your orders.
Verify that the Auto-Refill has been configured:
If a One Balance account runs out mid-buy, the label purchase will not be successful. To avoid interruptions, we recommend setting up automatic refills to specify how much money you would like to add to your balance when you reach a minimum threshold. Learn how to set up Automatic Refills.
The following steps describe how to purchase multiple labels using the Buy Labels button on the ORDERS page.
How to buy labels from the ORDERS page
- Go to the ORDERS page from anywhere in the app.
- Click on "More Filters" in the filter toolbar above the orders.
- Expand the Rate Quote filter and select "With a rate quote". This makes it easy to purchase multiple orders all at the same time.
If you regularly use the "Rate Quote" filter with other filters, consider setting up a Saved View.
- Select the orders that you are ready to ship and click the Buy Labels button at the top of the ORDERS page. This button will be highlighted with a running count of the number of labels selected along with the sum total postage required to purchase labels for the selected orders.
- A dialog will appear with a summary of the purchase.
Select the box next to Print Packing Slips if you would like to also print a packing slip along with your label. Click the Buy button and your labels will generate.
If you have select orders that do not include a rate quote, you will not be able to purchase the labels. Use the Rate Quote filter to show only orders with rate quotes.
If you have ConnectEasy configured, the labels will be bundled and dispatched to the selected printer/s. Learn more about ConnectEasy. Labels purchased and printed using Buy Labels with ConnectEasy will print in the sequence selected on the SETTINGS > LABELS page.
If you do not have direct printing enabled, your labels will be waiting for you on the READY TO PRINT page.