Many shippers sell products on a platform that does not integrate directly with ShippingEasy. For these orders, uploading a CSV file is the fastest way to create orders in ShippingEasy. However, what do you do when you need to merge multiple columns - such as "Item Descriptions" - so that they can all map to one field, without losing any of the data?
Here are some steps to follow if you are using Excel:
- Insert a new column where the data will be stored.
- Name the first cell of the new column.
- Add the Formula: =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1&" "....etc
Please note the following:
- The letter "A", "B", etc needs to reflect the letter of the columns that will be combined.
- The number "1", etc needs to reflect the number of the row that is being referenced.
- There needs to be a space in between the quotes, which will ensure that the data is merged with a space between the values.
To copy/paste the formula for all rows/entries:
- Select the cell with the formula and copy.
- Hover the cursor over the bottom right corner of the cell to display a "+" symbol.
- Click here and hold the mouse while dragging down the cell to the last row/entry.
- This should auto calculate for all the cells. If not, go to "Formulas" and on the right there should be a button that says "calculate sheet".