Whether you are brand new to ShippingEasy or have an existing account, it is easy to integrate your OpenCart store with ShippingEasy. You can learn more about how OpenCart works with ShippingEasy in our store guide. If you sell on other platforms, you can take a look at our integrations list for the steps to connect more stores.
Versions supported by ShippingEasy
ShippingEasy integrates with OpenCart version v1.5.
When you are ready to connect your OpenCart store, follow these steps.
New ShippingEasy account
If you are new to ShippingEasy, you can follow our step-by-step instructions for integrating your store into a new account.
How to connect your OpenCart to an existing ShippingEasy account
- Navigate to the SETTINGS tab and click on the STORES & ORDERS page under the INTEGRATION section.
- Once there, click on the the + Add New button on the side of the screen.
- From the Platform drop down menu, select OpenCart. Then, input your stores URL in the field below.
- Click the Save button:
- Fill in the details for your store settings.
- Change the Shipment Callback Path to /shippingeasy/callback.php:
And then click Save:
- Complete your store integration by downloading the plugin from ShippingEasy and updating your information in OpenCart.
- In the entry for OpenCart in your list of stores in ShippingEasy, click the Download Plugin link:
Unlike most PHP-based shopping cart solutions, OpenCart v1.5 does not provide a mechanism for modules to extend core functionality. As a result, using ShippingEasy with OpenCart v1.5 requires usage of vQmod.IMPORTANT: Do a backup of your OpenCart web server installation before proceeding.
- Install vQmod by following the instructions located in this article. Verify that vQmod installed correctly.
- Unzip the contents of the ShippingEasy plugin file downloaded in to a temporary folder. Within that temporary folder is a folder named upload. The upload folder contains some files and other folders - these files and folders must be copied to the root directory of your web server.
- Use an FTP utility program to copy the files and folders from the upload folder to the root directory on your web server. A good free FTP utility program is FileZilla. If asked to replace or merge, choose merge.
- In another browser window, log into your OpenCart store. Click Extensions and then Modules:
- If you had previously installed the ShippingEasy plugin, click the Uninstall link next to the entry for ShippingEasy Settings. Otherwise, skip to the next step.
- Click the Install link:
- Click Modules and then click the entry for ShippingEasy:
- Back over in ShippingEasy, the Store entry for your OpenCart store includes a Store API Key. Copy this value:
- Paste the Store API Key value into the corresponding field in OpenCart:
- In ShippingEasy, click on SETTINGS, then click on the API CREDENTIALS section.
- Copy the API Key to the Customer API KEY field in OpenCart
- Copy the API Secret to the Customer Secret Key in OpenCart:
- Select the order status values that an order must have in OpenCart in order for the ShippingEasy plugin to automatically send the order to your ShippingEasy account. The most common choices are Pending and Processing:
- Click the Submit button:
Your OpenCart store is now integrated with ShippingEasy. Next, configure your Store Settings using our guide.