It's easy to integrate your OpenCart store with ShippingEasy!
NOTE: These instructions work only with OpenCart v1.5.
- When registering your ShippingEasy account, you will be immediately prompted for your OpenCart credentials after selecting OpenCart from the Platform menu. Skip to Step 4 to learn how to locate your credentials.
- In the SETTINGS tab, click on the STORES section.
- Once there, click on the the + Add New button on the side of the screen.
- Select OpenCart from the Platform drop down.
- Fill in the Store URL for your OpenCart store. You just need to type in the domain name (up to .com):
- Click the Save button:
- Fill in the details for your store settings.
- Change the Shipment Callback Path to /shippingeasy/callback.php:
And then click Save:
- This adds an entry for OpenCart to your list of stores in ShippingEasy. Click the Download Plugin link:
- IMPORTANT: Unlike most PHP-based shopping cart solutions, OpenCart v1.5 does not provide a mechanism for modules to extend core functionality. As a result, using ShippingEasy with OpenCart v1.5 requires usage of vQmod.
- IMPORTANT: Do a backup of your OpenCart web server installation before proceeding.
- Install vQmod by following the instructions located in this article. Verify that vQmod installed correctly.
- Unzip the contents of the ShippingEasy plugin file downloaded in step 8 to a temporary folder. Within that temporary folder is a folder named upload. The upload folder contains some files and other folders - these files and folders must be copied to the root directory of your web server.
- Use an FTP utility program to copy the files and folders from the upload folder to the root directory on your web server. A good free FTP utility program is FileZilla. If asked to replace or merge, choose merge.
- In another browser window, log into your OpenCart store. Click Extensions and then Modules:
- If you had previously installed the ShippingEasy plugin, click the Uninstall link next to the entry for ShippingEasy Settings. Otherwise, skip to the next step.
- Click the Install link:
- Click Modules and then click the entry for ShippingEasy:
- Back over in ShippingEasy, the Store entry for your OpenCart store includes a Store API Key. Copy this value:
- Paste the Store API Key value into the corresponding field in OpenCart:
- In ShippingEasy, click on SETTINGS, then click on the API CREDENTIALS section:
- Copy the API Key to the Customer API KEY field in OpenCart:
- Copy the API Secret to the Customer Secret Key in OpenCart:
- Select the order status values that an order must have in OpenCart in order for the ShippingEasy plugin to automatically send the order to your ShippingEasy account. The most common choices are Pending and Processing:
- Click the Submit button:
If you have problems that require extra assistance, feel free to reach out to our team.
- Anyone can post questions in our Community forum and our Customer Success team will be happy to assist.
- All accounts will see links for additional resources in the upper left corner in app:
New accounts trialing on a paid plan (Basic and above) will see links to email or call our Sales Team.
Fully registered accounts on a paid plan (Basic and above) will see links to email, call, or chat our Customer Success team.
Accounts trialing or registered on the free Starter plan will see a quick link to our Support Center.