Shipping Rules are an option to automate the handling of your orders, ensuring that your operation runs efficiently. If you have multiple user logins, you can use Shipping Rules to automatically assign orders to specific users.
This rule also applies to the Buy Label and Create Label options on the ORDERS Page. The assigned user's specific shipment settings such as Ship From Address and Date Advance will be applied to rate quotes and shipments to ensure that correct ship from address and label dates are applied.
No more assigning orders to specific users one by one or errors resulting from multiple users trying to process the same shipment. Just set it up once and spend even less time shipping:
- Go to SETTINGS from the navigation bar.
- Click on SHIPPING RULES under SHIPMENT SETTINGS.
- Click the Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "Assign orders to Jack Ship".
- Set the "IF" condition to the variable that defines which user will be processing the shipments. View all available conditions.
- In this example, we have multiple stores integrated with ShippingEasy and Jack Ship handles all the manually entered orders. So, we'll use the Store as the condition to assign the user.
Store | Is equal to | Manual Orders
- Set the "THEN" action to:
Assign to a user | Jack Ship
- Determine where you would like orders to be processed by the user. Keep them on the ORDERS page, send them to READY TO SHIP to review, or instantly purchase and print a label. InstantLabel orders can be found on the SHIPMENT HISTORY page.
- Save your new rule and you're done! Future orders that sync or are uploaded via CSV file will be automatically assigned to your users based on the "IF" condition that you specified.