Yes. You can purchase Shipsurance insurance if the label has not already been scanned at the mail center. There are two options available:
- Purchase insurance from Shipsurance directly for the original shipment.
- Cancel your original shipment in ShippingEasy and repurchase the label with insurance.
To purchase insurance from Shipsurance directly:
NOTE: Shipsurance partners with InsurePost to provide single parcel coverage.
- Navigate to www.insurepost.com
Select Insure Now (listed under the headline "Instant Shipping Insurance Protection").
Register an account or opt to Insure My Shipment as a Guest.
Enter your shipment details.
Provide your payment information.
Your shipment is now insured!
To purchase insurance from ShippingEasy:
NOTE: you can also add Shipsurance to a shipped order from within ShippingEasy, but you'll need to cancel the original label and duplicate it.
- Navigate to the SHIPMENT HISTORY page from anywhere in the ShippingEasy app.
- Find the order you want to insure.
- To the left of the order, click the green V action menu and select Cancel Shipment.
NOTE: the postage will be refunded by Endicia in 7-14 business days.
Once the label is cancelled, select Create Duplicate Shipment to create a new label for the order.
- Creating a Duplicate Shipment will bring you to the READY FOR PAYMENT page. Click the pencil icon to edit the shipment. This will allow you to add insurance coverage to the shipment.
- From there, you will be brought to the READY TO SHIP page. Under "Insurance Options" you can select the option to Add Shipsurance.
- In the Insure to the value of field, enter the amount of insurance coverage you would like to purchase.
- Select Update to refresh your total cost.
- Purchase as print the label as normal.
How to: Edit a label
How to: Set up insurance defaults for my shipments
How much does your insurance cost?
Can I insure the shipping costs associated with a shipment?
Will I receive a receipt for ShippingEasy charges?