If you are trying to open an email from a form link and it is not opening, there's a good chance that you haven't configured your browser to use your preferred email client. Fortunately, changing your browser to automatically open emails with your preferred email client is quick, simple and saves you loads of time in the future!
For Gmail within Google Chrome
- Open up your Gmail account.
- Locate the omni box (address bar) and on the right end, to the left of the 'favorites star' there is a “double diamond” icon. Click this.
- You will be prompted with the message 'Allow mail.google.com to open all email links?' Select your preference and click 'done'.
From that point on, all 'mailto' email links should open with your Gmail account.
For other email clients within Google Chrome or if you don’t see the “double diamond” icon in your omni box (address bar), you can set the default mail handler in your Google Chrome Settings:
- From the menu, choose Settings (or Preferences, depending on your operating system).
- At the bottom of the Settings page, click Show advanced settings.
- In the Privacy section, click Content settings. A new window opens.
- In the Handlers section, click Manage handlers. The protocol handlers window opens.
- In the mailto section, choose the correct email client from the dropdown list.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Click the menu button (three lines in a stack) at the top right and choose Options.
- Select the Applications panel.
- Search for the Content-type: mailto and select it.
- Click on the Actions column in the mailto row, to change the action.
For Internet Explorer 5
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- Click the Programs tab.
- In the E-mail box
- Click OK.