Shipments going to Puerto Rico are addressed using a format similar to US shipments. The USPS recognizes addresses in Puerto Rico as domestic. The main difference is the use of the word "Calle" which means "street" in Spanish. For Puerto Rico shipments, Calle will be placed before the name of the street. For example 234 Calle Mariposa Apt 6.
There are various address formats that are specific to the location of the residence, such as:
- Apartment Building with Street Address
- Condominium with Street Address
- Four-line Address
- Three-line Address
Find the correct formatting and any exceptions for these address types on USPS's Puerto Rico addresses page.
To format your Puerto Rico address in ShippingEasy
- In the Address Line 1 field write the house or building number and 'Calle'.
ex: 14 Norte Calle Peral
- In the Address Line 2 field write the apartment, condominium, or building name.
ex: Villa Nevarez
- In the State field select "Puerto Rico".
- In the Country field select "United States".
- In the Postal code field, write the zip code. You can verify the zip code using the USPS verification tool.