Shipping Rules are an option to automate the handling of your orders, ensuring that your preferences are applied regardless of who is shipping your orders. They are particularly helpful in assigning unique Ship From addresses to your orders.
Using a Shipping Rule to assign your Ship From address is a wonderful time-saving tool if you only have one user login and multiple locations or contract with a drop shipper.
No more editing the Ship From address on an order-by-order basis. Just set it up once and spend even less time shipping:
- Go to SETTINGS >> SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "Warehouse 1".
- Set the "IF" condition to the variable that defines which address you would use. In this example, we have multiple products that ship from different warehouses. So, we'll use the SKU as the condition to assign the address:
Item SKU | Starts with | 100.
NOTE: the second menu, that we've set to "Starts with" can be adjusted to accommodate a wide range of logics, including "Is equal to", "Is not equal to", "Contains", "Is blank", and more.
- Set the "THEN" action to:
Set from address | Warehouse 1
- Save your new rule and you're done! You'll start seeing the Ship From address updated on your orders based on the "IF" condition that you specified.
For more information about automation, take a look at our Shipping Rules FAQ guide.