Priority Mail Express is a time guaranteed service through the USPS. USPS is a separate entity from ShippingEasy. You will need to login to your USPS account to request a refund directly with them. Go to USPS.com to get started.
In order for a refund to be obtained for a late Priority Mail Express shipment it must meet eligibility requirements of a late package.
The shipment must have been scanned in at your local Post Office by the cut-off time to begin the shipping process on time.
The cut-off time can vary per Post Office and refunds may be denied for packages delayed due to drop off after the local office's cut-off time.
TIP: make sure your Priority Mail Express packages are scanned by the cut-off time
- Check with your local Post Office to find their specific cut-off time.
- Hand deliver Priority Mail Express packages and wait until you see a clerk scan each package.
These two steps safeguard that your packages are scanned before the cut-off time.
The package must be delivered after the guaranteed time and date on the label and/or tracking number.
To find out what is considered late, look up guaranteed times.
To determine if your package has been delayed, check the tracking via USPS.
If traveling internationally, the destination must be eligible for postage refunds.
List of international destinations eligible for Priority Mail Express refunds
Destination restrictions apply to international shipments.
The guarantee is only available to the following countries:
- France (excluding Corsica and Monaco)
- Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Republic of Korea (South Korea)
- Spain (excluding Canary Islands)
NOTE: this list is current as of October 2018.
Find the list of currently eligible international destinations on USPS' website.
Does your shipment qualify for a refund, based on the above criteria? If so, now you can request a postage refund for your Priority Mail Express package.
A refund claim for late delivery can quickly be filed online. Follow our steps below for help.
How to: Obtain a refund on a delayed USPS Priority Mail Express shipment
- Start a claim with USPS in a timely manner:
- Domestic: within 30 days from purchase.
- International: within 90 days from purchase.
- The tracking number
- The label PDF
- Proof of purchase. Learn how to print this.
- Domestic: within 60 days from purchase.
- International: within 120 days from purchase.
- If approved, USPS will send you a check in the mail for your reimbursement.
- Should the amount USPS refund you differ from what you paid, notify ShippingEasy per the following instructions. ShippingEasy must be notified within a timely manner to complete the claim.
NOTE: the form below should be completed as soon as your claim is approved by the USPS.
For Domestic, the form should be completed within 60 days from the label purchase.
For International, the form should be completed within 120 days from the label purchase.
This is an additional 30 days beyond the USPS cut-off to ensure time for USPS to process the claim.
How to: Notify ShippingEasy of a delayed USPS Priority Mail Express shipment
If you are on a paid ShippingEasy plan, you have access to the best discounts online. More generally, PC Postage providers (eg software that helps you print USPS postage from your PC or computer) provide access to Commercial Pricing and in most cases that is what the Post Office is set up to refund. Don’t worry – ShippingEasy will refund any remaining difference between what the Post Office is able to refund and the total postage price paid on ShippingEasy.
We hate asking you to complete additional paperwork! But unfortunately, we need some details in order to refund any remaining amount. Please complete the following form. While only fields noted with a * are required, providing more information may help expedite your remaining refund.
Please remember that USPS guarantees the timely delivery of Priority Mail Express shipments, so a claim will need to be filed directly with USPS to receive a complete refund of any postage paid for a delayed shipment.
* indicates a required field.
NOTE: clicking "Send to ShippingEasy Billing" will open your completed form in your preferred email client. If you run into problems submitting this form, please update your browser's default email client.