Chrome and Mac OS X print paper sizes are set to US Letter format by default. If your labels are not printing the correct size, it may be necessary to adjust the print settings for Chrome and/or Mac OS X.
It is important to note, that while Chrome does not allow a default Paper size to be set, Chrome's Paper size setting will remain the same until manually changed. Alternatively, you can print using the MAC OS X System Dialog and customize the default settings to your needs.
To set the print paper size for Chrome and Mac OS X, or resolve label print size issues, follow these steps:
For Firefox instructions, see our guide.
Note: Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier will not let you set a custom default print size.
Chrome Print settings:
- In Google Chrome press Command ⌘ + P keys.
- Select the Destination Printer and Paper size in the Chrome Print Dialog on the left.
- Select "4 x 6 in" Paper size for standard printers.
- Select "1744907 4 in x 6 in" Paper size for thermal label printers. (shown above)
Click the Print button at the top to print.
MAC OS Print settings:
- In Google Chrome press Command ⌘ + P keys. (or press Command ⌘ + Option + P keys and skip to step 3)
- Click Print using system dialog. This is on the left hand side in the form of a blue link. You may need to scroll to see it.
Click the menu next to Paper Size, then select Manage custom sizes.
Click the + sign (bottom left) to create a new paper size.
- Change the name by double clicking on "Untitled". We recommend changing the name to something you will remember, such as "4x6".
- Leave the "Non-Printable Area" set to "User Defined" and change the margins if necessary - we suggest a very small margin or no margin.
Click OK to return to the print dialogue box.
- Back on the Print Dialog screen, click Cancel.
- Navigate to System Preferences on your Mac.
- Click on Printers & Scanners.
- Set the Default paper size to the 4x6 template you just created, by selecting the name you assigned it. You can also set the default printer if you prefer.
- Return to Chrome and press Command ⌘ + P keys to open the Chrome Print Dialog and click Print using system dialog... (⌥⌘P) on the left, (or press Command ⌘ + Option + P keys).
- Click the Print button to print your labels.