Whether you are brand new to ShippingEasy or have an existing account, it is easy to integrate your PrestaShop store with ShippingEasy. You can learn more about how PrestaShop works with ShippingEasy in our store guide. If you sell on other platforms, you can take a look at our integrations list for the steps to connect more stores.
PrestaShop Versions supported by ShippingEasy
Versions 1.5, 1.6, and 1.7 of PrestaShop are supported. Unfortunately, the ShippingEasy module is not compatible with any PrestaShop Cloud versions.
When you are ready to connect your PrestaShop store, follow these steps.
New ShippingEasy account
If you are new to ShippingEasy, you can follow our step-by-step instructions for integrating your store into a new account.
How to connect your PrestaShop to an existing ShippingEasy account
- Navigate to the SETTINGS tab and click on the STORES & ORDERS page under the INTEGRATION section.
- Once there, click on the the + Add New button on the side of the screen.
- From the Platform drop down menu, select PrestaShop. You will then see one additional field: Store URL.
- Fill in the Store URL for your PrestaShop store.
- Click the Save button.
- Fill in the details for your store settings and then click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Your new store is displayed on the STORES & ORDERS settings page. For PrestaShop 1.7, your set up is complete. For PrestaShop 1.5 and 1.6, complete your store integration by configuring your PrestaShop admin preferences. These steps are outlined in the third section of this article.
The Shipment Callback URL will be automatically generated.
If you change your PrestaShop URL in the future, this will need to be updated in ShippingEasy. Click on Edit store settings and scroll down to "API Configuration". Your Store URL will be in the "Store URL" field. The remainder of the Callback URL (after the .com) will be in the "Shipment Callback Path" field. If the full Callback URL is in the "Shipment Callback Path" we will not be able to update your site with the shipment information.
To configure your PrestaShop admin preferences:
- Before you install the PrestaShip module for ShippingEasy, open a new browser window.
- Log into your PrestaShop administrative screen.
- Click on the entry for PREFERENCES.
- Click the entry for SEO & URLs.
- Scroll down and verify that the entry for Friendly URL is set to Yes in the SET UP URLS section.
IMPORTANT: Changing the setting for Friendly URL can have side affects.
Refer to this PrestaShop documentation for more information. If Friendly URL is set to No, you can use the PrestaShop module for ShippingEasy, but you will not get updates in PrestaShop from ShippingEasy when an order is shipped.
To install the ShippingEasy module for PrestaShop and provide your ShippingEasy credentials:
- First you will need to obtain a copy of the ShippingEasy module for PrestaShop. You can purchase the module from the PrestaShop Addons Marketplace.
To download the module, you will need to register an account with PrestaShop's Addons Marketplace.
- With the module file downloaded, go to your PrestaShop administrative screen.
- Expand the MODULES tab and click the Modules menu entry.
- If you are installing the ShippingEasy module for PrestaShop for the first time, skip to step 5.
If you already have an older version of the ShippingEasy module for PrestaShop installed:
Scroll down to the list of installed modules and select Delete from the menu for the ShippingEasy module.
Click OK when prompted.
- Next, go to "Add a new module" in the top right of that page.
- On the "Add a new module" page, locate the Module file field. Click Choose a file to locate the file that you downloaded from ShippingEasy Support. Then select Upload the module.
- You will be presented with a warning, but rest assured that the ShippingEasy module can be trusted. Select the orange Proceed with the installation button.
- Check to see that the module installed successfully by looking for the message near the top of the screen.
- Navigate back to the browser window where you are using ShippingEasy. You will need to navigate to the SETTINGS tab and click the STORES & ORDERS page.
- Copy the Store API Key for your PrestaShop store.
- In PrestaShop, scroll down to the Configuration section. Paste the Store API Key from ShippingEasy into the Store API Key field in PrestaShop. Make sure there are no spaces before or after the key.
- In ShippingEasy, click on the SETTINGS tab, then click on the API CREDENTIALS section.
It has two entries, API Key and API Secret:
- In ShippingEasy, copy the API Key.
- In PrestaShop, paste the ShippingEasy API Key into the PrestaShop API KEY field. Make sure there are no spaces before or after the key.
- In ShippingEasy, copy the API Secret.
- In PrestaShop, paste the ShippingEasy API Secret into the PrestaShop API SECRET field. Make sure there are no spaces before or after the key.
- Still in PrestaShop, select a PrestaShop order status for the orders that you want to have automatically sent to your ShippingEasy account. Typically the best choice is Payment Accepted, but you can select any status that you want, even a custom status value.
- Select a PrestaShop order status for the orders that you want automatically removed from your ShippingEasy account if they have not yet shipped. Typically the best choice is Canceled.
- Click the Save settings button.
Your PrestaShop store is now integrated with ShippingEasy. Next, configure your Store Settings using our guide.
New orders received after installing the plugin, in the "syncable" status, will be automatically sent to ShippingEasy. You can send existing orders to ShippingEasy by selecting the "Send to ShippingEasy" button from the PrestaShop order page.