A FedEx Meter Number is an identification FedEx uses for your negotiated shipping rates and to track your tracking requests.
To obtain your FedEx Meter Number:
- Go to the Fedex Developer login page.
- Insert your FedEx User ID and Password. Then click the "I want to" drop down and select "Web Services for Shipping" before clicking Login.
- Once you're logged in, you'll see the following field on the left side of your screen. Select Move to Production.
- Towards the middle of the page, you'll want to select Get Production Key.
- The following field will appear. Input the following information:
- Do you intend to resell your software? No.
- Check the box next to the types of FedEx web services you want to use in your integration solution: FedEx Web Services for Shipping (includes Rate, Track, etc.)
- Indicate whether you are developing your FedEx integration solution as a Corporate Developer or as a Consultant. The answer is likely "Corporate Developer".
- Please accept the terms.
- Fill out the company information required in the field.
- Click Continue.
- Check the box to update your profile settings or leave it unchecked. Then click Continue.
- The following field will appear with your Authentication Key and FedEx Meter Number.
And that's it! You now have your FedEx Meter Number.