A FedEx Meter Number is an identification FedEx uses for your negotiated shipping rates and to track your tracking requests. ShippingEasy is a Certified Software Provider (CSP) with FedEx, allowing us to streamline our integration so that your meter number is automatically added into your account. Follow our guide to connect your FedEx account to ShippingEasy.
As a CSP, ShippingEasy gives you quick access to several FedEx services that will significantly lower your shipping costs. These services include FedEx One Rate-a flat rate shipping option, 1-3 day domestic freight services and international priority and economy freight. Learn more about FedEx services & packaging.
If you need to find your FedEx Meter number and have not yet integrated your account with ShippingEasy, you can follow the steps below.
To obtain your FedEx Meter Number:
- Go to the Fedex Developer login page.
- Insert your FedEx User ID and Password. Then click the "I want to" drop down and select "Web Services for Shipping" before clicking Login.
- Once you're logged in, you'll see the following field on the left side of your screen. Select Move to Production.
- Towards the middle of the page, you'll want to select Get Production Key.
- The following field will appear. Input the following information:
- Do you intend to resell your software? No.
- Check the box next to the types of FedEx web services you want to use in your integration solution: FedEx Web Services for Shipping (includes Rate, Track, etc.)
- Indicate whether you are developing your FedEx integration solution as a Corporate Developer or as a Consultant. The answer is likely "Corporate Developer".
- Please accept the terms
- Fill out the company information required in the field.
- Click Continue.
- Check the box to update your profile settings or leave it unchecked. Then click Continue.
- The following field will appear with your Authentication Key and FedEx Meter Number.
And that's it! You now have your FedEx Meter Number.