A FedEx Meter Number is an identification FedEx uses for your negotiated shipping rates and to track your tracking requests. ShippingEasy is a Certified Software Provider (CSP) with FedEx, allowing us to streamline our integration so that your meter number is automatically added to your account. Follow our guide to connect your FedEx account to ShippingEasy.
As a CSP, ShippingEasy gives you quick access to several FedEx services that will significantly lower your shipping costs. These services include FedEx One Rate-a flat rate shipping option, 1-3 day domestic freight services, and international priority and economy freight. Learn more about FedEx services & packaging.
If you need to find your FedEx Meter number and have not yet integrated your account with ShippingEasy, you can follow the steps below.
To obtain your FedEx Meter Number
- Go to the FedEx Developer login page.
- Click on the "FedEx Web Services" dropdown and select Move to Production. You will be prompted to log into your FedEx account.
- Once you are logged in, select "Get Production Key" and agree to the Terms of Service.
You should now be on the application stage where you will need to make 3 choices:
- Do you intend to resell your software? No.
- Check the box next to the types of FedEx web services you want to use in your integration solution: FedEx Web Services for Shipping (includes Rate, Track, etc.)
- Indicate whether you are developing your FedEx integration solution as a Corporate Developer or as a Consultant. The answer is likely "Corporate Developer".
After you complete that step, you will see your licensing agreement. After accepting it, you will then be taken to where you need to provide your contact information.
Once you click “continue,” you can update your profile settings or continue once again—and, at that point, you will reach a page that contains an Authentication Key.
This is also where you will find your FedEx meter number.