ShippingEasy provides the option to connect existing UPS accounts, allowing you to access UPS services and negotiated rates right from ShippingEasy.
NOTICE: UPS has a very sensitive authentication process. Be sure to enter the required information carefully, paying careful attention to punctuation and capitalization. If you have 3 failed connection attempts, your account will be locked out for a 24 hour period.
Just follow our easy set up guide to start accessing your UPS account:
- Logged into ShippingEasy, navigate to SETTINGS >> POSTAGE & CARRIERS and scroll down to UPS.
- If you already have a UPS account, click the grey Connect existing account button. Alternatively, if you do not yet have a UPS account you can select to register an account at UPS.com - just click the blue Sign up for one here link.
- On the integration page, you are now asked for your "UPS Account Information". Insert your UPS Account Number (also known as your UPS Shipper Number).
- Insert the Rate Type for your account: Customer Counter, Daily Pickup, One Time Pickup. This determines the rates ShippingEasy provides from UPS on the READY TO SHIP page when calculating a rate quote. If at a later point you decide to change your pickup options you can do so via your UPS account settings. Learn more.
NOTE: UPS pickups are setup via your UPS account and scheduled via UPS.com. Learn more.
- Specify the Return Shipment Method you want to use for return labels. Learn more.
- Check the box for UPS SurePost enabled if your UPS account includes SurePost services. Learn more about SurePost.
- Next, you are asked to enter the "UPS Invoice Information" for your account. Please use a paper or downloaded invoice from within the past 45 days and carefully insert this data, as incorrect information entered 3 times can lead to a 24 hour lockout of your account.
- Learn how to find your UPS invoice information, including your UPS Control ID.
- If you do not have a UPS invoice, learn more about your options.
- If you run into an error, read our troubleshooting guide.
TIP: When entering the Invoice Amount, omit the $ sign and only enter a numeric value. Ex: 20.16. In addition, if you have a Control ID, be sure to enter this value.
- If you have negotiated rates, tick the checkbox Yes, I Have Negotiated Rates. This will allow UPS to return your negotiated rates on the READY TO SHIP page when quoting your shipments. If rates are not enabled, you will receive a warning message when rate quoting that negotiated rates on the account is not enabled. Learn more about UPS negotiated rates.
- Lastly, verify your "Company Details". These have been prefilled using the account information available in ShippingEasy. Please ensure the contact details entered match exactly what is on your UPS invoice. UPS is especially particular on the data entry for two specific fields:
- Postal Code: only enter the first 5 digits of the billing zip code. Ex: 78765
- Phone Number: enter with all numerical digits - no dashes/hyphens/spaces. Ex: 5555555555
- The "Terms and Conditions" are provided for you to review. Once finished, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and select the Yes, I accept this agreement. This tells UPS you adhere to their terms and conditions.
- Select the blue Connect Account and you should be good to go!
If there are any validation issue encountered, you will receive an error message and the fields to amend in red. Please remember, if you have 3 failed connection attempts, your account will be locked out for a 24 hour period.
TIP: if you encounter an error with your zip code, confirm that the address in your UPS.com profile matches that on your invoice. If the error persists, contact UPS support to verify which address to use.
For questions about your specific UPS account, please contact UPS customer support.
Troubleshoot: Error connecting UPS account
How do I know if I have negotiated rates for UPS?
How do I get billed for UPS postage printed in ShippingEasy?
How do I print a UPS End of Day form or PLD report?