We recommend referencing an electronic UPS invoice when connecting your UPS account with ShippingEasy. The electronic invoice insures you have the most accurate information available.
If you receive an error connecting a UPS account:
The most common cause of this error is the result of mismatched information. When you receive an error, the fields to amend will be shown in red. Please ensure the details entered match exactly what is on your UPS account. Here are the most common pitfalls:
- Invoice Number: if UPS returns an error message "Invoice number is required", contact UPS for this information: 1-800-742-5877.
- Invoice Amount: exclude the '$' sign and any commas. Only enter the numeric value. Ex: 23.97 or 1009.27
- Control ID: required if present on your invoice. Learn where to find the Control ID.
- Postal Code: only enter the first five digits of your billing zip code. Ex: 90210
- Phone Number: exclude punctuation. Only enter the numerical digits. Ex: 5555555555 Finally, proceed with caution when connecting your UPS account. If you have three failed connection attempts, your UPS account will be locked out for a 24 hour period.
If you don't have a UPS invoice yet but are being asked for one:
If you just signed up for a UPS Account and are being asked for an invoice, it may be that there is data in your account that conflicts with an old account holder. Although it's uncommon, these conflicts can occur.
To get it fixed, you need to contact UPS at this number: 1-888-851-4901. Leave a voicemail with your account information and a UPS representative get back to you.
If your UPS PDF Invoice notification email arrived yet:
Your PDF Invoice notification email may not have arrived for one of the following reasons:
- The destination email address was unreachable (because of a problem with your server or your mailbox was full, for example).
- The email address in your profile is incorrect.
- Your company had no shipping activity during the previous week.
If you do not receive your UPS PDF Invoice notification as expected, please look to see if a new invoice is available.
UPS Error: User Id and Shipper Number combination is not qualified to receive negotiated rates:
This error has been sent to ShippingEasy from UPS when connecting an existing UPS account to ShippingEasy. The most common reason for this error is a mismatch of account information.
If the information provided to ShippingEasy does not match what UPS has for your record be careful to double check all information carefully before submitting it to ShippingEasy again.