A residential delivery charge is a fee added to shipping services from shipping carriers to delivery a package to a residential address, rather than a business address.
The fee varies by carrier, service, and destination. With 2020 fees are shown below, remember to always double check shipping costs with the carrier before purchasing postage.
USPS Residential Delivery
USPS does not charge a residential delivery fee on any services.
UPS Residential Surcharge
The UPS residential surcharge varies based on service and destination.
- UPS Domestic Air Services: $4.50 per package.
- UPS International Air Services: $4.70 per package.
- UPS Standard Service: $4.10 per package.
FedEx Residential Delivery Charge
The FedEx residential delivery charge varies based on service and destination.
- FedEx Home Delivery: $4.00 per package.
- U.S. Express Package Services: $4.65 per package.
- U.S. Ground Services: $4.65 per package.
- U.S. Express Freight Services: $150 per shipment.
- International Ground Service: $4.65 per package.
- International Express Package Services: $4.65 per shipment.
- FedEx International Priority Freight: $150 per shipment.
- FedEx International Economy Freight, to Canada: $150 per shipment