A residential delivery charge is a fee added to shipping services from shipping carriers to deliver a package to a residential address, rather than a business address.
The fee varies by carrier, service, and destination. With 2021 fees are shown below, remember to always double-check shipping costs with the carrier before purchasing postage.
USPS Residential Delivery
USPS does not charge a residential delivery fee on any services.
UPS Residential Surcharge
The UPS residential surcharge varies based on service and destination.
- UPS Domestic Air Services: $4.80 per package.
- UPS International Air Services: $5.00 per package.
- UPS Standard Service: $4.80 per package.
FedEx Residential Delivery Charge
The FedEx residential delivery charge varies based on service and destination.
- FedEx Home Delivery: $4.35 per package.
- U.S. Express Package Services: $4.95 per package.
- U.S. Ground Services: $4.80 per package.
- U.S. Express Freight Services: $160 per shipment.
- International Ground Service: $4.80 per package.
- International Express Package Services: $4.95 per shipment.
- FedEx International Priority Freight: $160 per shipment.
- FedEx International Economy Freight, to Canada: $160 per shipment