A residential delivery charge is a fee added to shipping services from shipping carriers to delivery a package to a residential address, rather than a business address.
The fee varies by carrier, service, and destination. With 2019 fees are shown below, remember to always double check shipping costs with the carrier before purchasing postage.
USPS residential delivery:
USPS does not charge a residential delivery fee on any services.
FedEx residential delivery charge:
The FedEx residential delivery charge varies based on service and destination.
- FedEx Home Delivery: $3.80 per package.
- U.S. Express Package Services: $4.40 per package.
- U.S. Ground Services: $4.40 per package.
- U.S. Express Freight Services: $140 per shipment.
- International Ground Service: $4.40 per package.
- International Express Package Services: $4.40 per shipment.
- FedEx International Priority Freight: $140 per shipment.
- FedEx International Economy Freight, to Canada: $140 per shipment
UPS residential surcharge:
- UPS Domestic Air Services: $4.15 per package.
- UPS International Air Services: $4.55 per package.
- UPS Standard Service: $3.95 per package.