If you have integrated an existing UPS account with ShippingEasy, you'll have the option to bill your UPS shipments to your account or a third party. Learn more about connecting your UPS account.
Specify billing to a third party for both individual shipments and batches. When applied to a batch, individual orders can be edited to bill to a different third party as needed. Learn more about editing individual shipments in a batch.
Note: UPS third party billing is currently limited to domestic UPS accounts via ShippingEasy, and requires a 5 digit US zip code.
Follow these easy steps to bill to a third party account:
- From the READY TO SHIP page, select an order that needs to be billed to a third party UPS account.
- Make your Carrier, Carrier Service, Packaging, and Weight selections.
NOTE: Since UPS Mail Innovations is a contracted service, UPS does not support billing UPS Mail Innovations shipments to a third party.
- Once a rate has appeared, you'll see an additional "Billing" dialog appear below the "Carrier Selections" dialog. By default, the Bill Shipment To menu is set to Sender.
- Click the Bill Shipment To menu and select Third Party. The dialog will refresh and options to input the Account Number and Account Postal Code. These are both required fields. Be sure to use the account postal code of the billing address, not the physical address.
NOTE: ShippingEasy is unable to verify that the Account Postal Code is correct. If it does not match the Account Number, the postage will be billed to Sender.
- Enter the third party billing information. If you would like to save the account information for future use, check the Save Third Party Billing option.
- Finish processing your shipment as usual. Rather than invoicing your account, UPS will invoice the third party account.
How to: Connect a UPS account with ShippingEasy
How do I save Third Party account credentials?
If I bill to a third party will I see their rates or just my own?
How to: Edit a shipment within a Batch
How do I get billed for UPS postage printed in ShippingEasy?
How to: Bill my FedEx shipments to a third party account
What is Collect on Delivery (C.O.D.) and do you offer it?