If you have integrated an existing UPS account with ShippingEasy, you will have the option to bill your UPS shipments to your account or a third party. Learn more about connecting your UPS account.
Specifying billing to a third party is available for both individual shipments and batches. When applied to a batch, individual orders can be edited to bill to a different third party as needed. Learn more about editing individual shipments in a batch.
Third-Party Billing limitations:
- Third-party billing is only available to domestic UPS accounts via ShippingEasy and requires a 5 digit US zip code.
- Third-party billing is not available for UPS from ShippingEasy One Balance accounts.
- UPS does not support billing UPS Mail Innovations shipments to a third party.
How to set up a third party billing account
- From the READY TO SHIP page, select an order that needs to be billed to a third party UPS account.
- Make your Carrier, Carrier Service, Packaging, and Weight selections.
- Once a rate has appeared, you'll see an additional "Billing" dialog appear below the "Carrier Selections" dialog. By default, the Bill Shipment To menu is set to Sender.
- Click the Bill Shipment To menu and select Third Party. The dialog will refresh and options to input the Account Number and Account Postal Code. These are both required fields. Be sure to use the account postal code of the billing address, not the physical address.
ShippingEasy is unable to verify that the Account Postal Code is correct. If it does not match the Account Number, the postage will be billed to Sender.
- Enter the third party billing information. If you would like to save the account information for future use, check the Save Third Party Billing option.
- Finish processing your shipment as usual. Rather than invoicing your account, UPS will invoice the third party account.