Scale integration reduces human error, the time required for data entry and assists in calculating the exact postage you need in order to save you money.
ConnectEasy is a versatile app that interfaces with ShippingEasy to integrate your hardware, such as your scale. ConnectEasy supports all USB scales from these manufacturers:
Integrating a USB Scale with ShippingEasy
- Verify that your scale is connected, powered on and that ConnectEasy is installed and configured.
- Open the ConnectEasy app.
- Select the Scales tab. Check the box to Enable Scales.
- Click SETTINGS in the navigation bar.
- Click on SCALE CONFIGURATION under DEVICES AND HARDWARE.
- On the SCALE CONFIGURATION page, click Refresh Scale List to list your scale.
- Select your scale from the list:
- Verify that your scale is displaying a weight by adding weight to the scale. The weight that appears in the fields should match the reading on the scale:
If the weight from your scale does not appear, it may be necessary to click the Save button and then click the Get Weight button again.
- Click the Save button and you are done!
Using a Scale to Update Weight on the Orders Page
- On the ORDERS page, click the order you would like to get a weight for.
- In the Edit Order slide out, the weight fields will show "No weight registered from scale":
- Place your package for the order on the scale.
- You will see the weight register from the scale.
- Click Update Rate.
- Click Buy Label.
Using a Scale to Update Weight on the READY TO SHIP page
- On the READY TO SHIP screen, if your scale is registering a weight, it will be automatically displayed in pounds and ounces fields:
- If you want to enter a different weight than what the scale registered, remove the package from the scale so that the scale displays a weight of zero.
- When the weight on the scale changes, the Update button will be enabled on the READY TO SHIP screen. Click the blue Update button to get an updated rate quote for the shipment: