IMPORTANT: this document describes a feature that is no longer available in ShippingEasy. The Java Applet integration method for printers and scales has been replaced with ConnectEasy. Learn more about ConnectEasy.
Scale integration reduces human error, time required for data entry and assists in calculating the exact postage you need in order to save you money.
Web applications don’t typically have access to USB devices plugged into your computer, so in order to connect your web browser to your scale, you will need to install the ShippingEasy USB Scale application onto your computer.
Before you start, please ensure your scale is on our list of recommended/compatible scales and operating systems.
To install a USB scale with ShippingEasy:
- Plug the scale into your computer's USB port and turn it on. The scale's drivers should install automatically.
- Navigate to the SETTINGS page from anywhere in the ShippingEasy app.
- Select SCALE CONFIGURATION under the HARDWARE & DEVICES header.
- Select the Set Up ConnectEasy button under Scale Configuration
- The ShippingEasy applet will launch. Select the Install Scale.
- Select Next.
- Select your USB scale from the list of devices linked with your computer (in this example, we have selected the Dymo M25 Digital Postage Scale), and then select Next.
*IMPORTANT STEP*Here is where your postage scale identifiers live. These identifiers allow your computers USB port to connect to the Internet browser. Before you select 'Next', note down or copy the LAST 4 DIGITS of the Vendor ID (VID), navigate back into ShippingEasy within the USB Scale Reading section and paste it into the Vendor ID field e.g. 0922.
Then, do the same for the Product ID (PID) e.g. 8004.
- Then, return to the applet and select Next.
- The applet is required to install a small amount of files to your computer to ensure connectivity. We highly recommend you select to save this file on your Desktop (after you have finished the installation we can delete this file). Press Save.
*IMPORTANT STEP*Select Install Now.. and once the installation is complete, you may select Done.
- Now your USB scale should be installed.
- You can return back to ShippingEasy, select the Save button underneath the VID and PID input boxes.
- Test the scales connectivity by placing an item on your scale and clicking the Get Weight button. The reading on the scale should match the weight that appears in the field below.