To save time when selecting a carrier and service in the READY TO SHIP page, ShippingEasy allows you to save packages within your SHIPMENT SETTINGS. Learn more about custom packaging.
To add a new custom package:
- Navigate to the SETTINGS tab from anywhere in your account.
- From there, click on the PACKAGE SETUP under SHIPMENT SETTINGS.
- The PACKAGE SETUP page shows any packages you have saved. Select the + Add New button.
- Complete the package information.
- Name: used to identify the saved package on the READY TO SHIP page from the Packaging drop down menu.
- Length/Width/Height: some carrier services and rates require dimensions. Learn how to measure your packages.
- Add to Weight - optional. This field is for the weight that will be added on top of package weight, such as the weight that could be added by your packaging materials (bubble wrap, wrapping paper).
- Override Weight: optional. This field sets the overall weight of the package. This is the non-editable weight that will be assigned as the shipment weight.
- Notes: optional. Will be displayed on the package set up page on the package line.
- Once you finish configuring the package settings, select Save.
- The package will now be shown in the main package setup window. You are able to edit and delete any saved packages, using the icons under the "Actions" heading.
Best of Rules: Assign a package and dimensions to my shipments
How do I measure my packages?
What is Override weight in the Package set up?
What is Add to Weight in the Package Setup?
Do I need to enter weight and dimensions for every package?