If you accidentally add too much to a Stamps account and you want to receive a refund for the balance you will need to close the Stamps account. Stamps only provides refunds for a postage balance when a Stamps account is closed.
Once the account is closed, it may take Stamps 6-8 weeks to issue a refund, which could be returned to your credit card or mailed to you as a check. If you later decide that you require the services provided by the specific type of Stamps account, you can always open a new free account.
Closing your Stamps.com Postage Account
- Select POSTAGE AND CARRIERS above the blue navigation bar from anywhere in the app.
- Click the Show Passwords link under the specific Stamps account to show your Stamps Password.
- Log in to Stamps using the Username and Password as shown in ShippingEasy.
- As account closure is a permanent, first verify and update your contact information if necessary, including the email address and physical and mailing addresses. Click on the username in the top right corner and select Manage Account from the drop down.
- Click Account Settings and select Contact Info:
- Confirm that your mailing address, phone and email are up to date.
- To proceed with closing your account, click Change/Cancel Plan from the left side menu.
- Click the link to close your account under your plan description:
- Provide feedback and then click Continue to Cancellation.
How is my postage balance refund processed?
If you have a remaining postage balance, it will be refunded to the credit card that was most recently used to purchase postage. If you have not purchased postage within three months, the balance refund may be mailed to you in the form of a check. Postage balance refunds for postage purchased using direct debit from a checking account will be mailed as a check. It is important to verify that the mailing address on the account is correct prior to closing the account to avoid delays.
How are my pending refund requests handled?
If you have any pending refund requests for postage misprints, the account status changes to "Pending Close", and the account will wait until all requests have been processed before closing. After all refunds have been processed, the account status will change to "Closed" and the unused postage balance will be refunded.
How do I remove the closed Stamps.com account from ShippingEasy so that I can open a new one?
- Return to ShippingEasy.
- Select POSTAGE AND CARRIERS above the blue navigation bar from anywhere in the ShippingEasy app.
- The account will be removed and a blue Register a FREE Account! button will be available. Click this.