Package weight is an important factor in shipping-it frequently determines how much you'll be charged for postage! Make saving money easy by assigning a shipping rule to automatically cover the weight of your most shipped items.
Our Estimated Weight Rule automatically sets Order weights for shipping based on weights you've entered previously. Learn more.
You can still easily review and edit the item or order to make sure you're happy with the estimates before you ship.
Using a Shipping Rule to estimate your order weights is a wonderful time saving tool if you do not have weights set up in your store and you don't currently have a scale integrated. No more entering weights one-by-one. Just set this rule and spend even less time shipping:
- Go to SETTINGS >> SHIPPING RULES.
- Click the blue Add New button.
- In the field Rule Name, enter a name that describes this rule, such as "Add Weight".
- Set the "IF" condition to: Order weights | Is equal to | 0 lbs | 0 oz
- Set the "THEN" action to: Set estimated order weight
- Save your new rule and you're done! You'll start seeing estimated weights appear on the READY TO SHIP page.
How does the "estimated order weight" Shipping Rule work?
What are Shipping Rules and how do I use them?
Best of Rules: Add weights to shipments containing promotional gifts
Best of Rules: Assign a package and dimensions to my shipments
What should I do about order weight if it is not included on my store?