ShippingEasy’s insurance settings allow you to tell the system when to trigger insurance automatically, saving you time and ensuring your preferences are applied regardless of who is doing your shipping. Learn more about shipment insurance options available from ShippingEasy.
NOTE: Insurance settings only apply to our insurance reseller Shipsurance .
- To setup your preferences, navigate to the SETTINGS tab, above the column headers.
- Once on the SETTINGS page, click SHIPMENT INSURANCE. This will take you to the page you will use to set up your defaults for all packages.
- On the SHIPMENT INSURANCE settings page, you can select a range of options:
- Domestic vs International: flexibility to set different rules based on where the package is headed.
- Order Total vs Specified Amount: insurance the entire Order Total - or - only insure for a Specified Amount.
- Qualified shipments: only include insurance IF the total value of the order exceeds a minimum value (eg: ONLY insure my packages when the value is > $75).
- To insure your packages, simply select the checkbox Insure all domestic or international shipments, based on:
- Then, select whether you want to calculate insurance based on:
- Order Total: the total line item cost of your shipments)
- Specific Amount: insure every shipment for the noted amount. Ex: insure all domestic shipments to the value of $150. If you select Specified Amount, be sure to fill in the amount you want covered.
What is Shipsurance?
How much does your insurance cost?
What insurance options does ShippingEasy provide?
How am I charged for insurance that I purchase through ShippingEasy?
What USPS services include insurance coverage and offer additional insurance?
Are there limits on what I can insure?
What is the cost of Shipsurance for a shipment that already has included insurance?